Thursday, May 24, 2012
LOOK at what's coming off the machine lately! Since I first debuted the Boho Messenger Bags last October, I've made many renditions. Happily, orders for and interest in them have not ceased. (KNOCK ON beautiful, semi-gloss hardWOOD floors with chevron inlay border!)
These are just the latest ones that I shipped out.
These are just the latest ones that I shipped out.
|Medium Boho In luscious Mahogany leather|
|Look at that KEY!!!|
|Looks beautiful coming...and going.|
|XL Deluxe Boho in rustic Toffee Crackle leather|
|I kind of wanted to keep this one for myself!|
Monday, May 21, 2012
1. There’s no decorating dilemma that a mason jar, a wooden pallet and some burlap can’t fix.
|Vintage Mason Jar Chandelier|
|pallet bed platform|
|burlap wedding chair shrugs|
2. Nutella is the new superfood.
|heaven on a spoon!|
|Crock Pot Company Pot Roast|
4. Who knew so many women were smitten with Ben Affleck? He’s been repinned 70 times from my board alone, last time I checked, and the fan club is growing daily!
|Ben Affleck all Rough 'n Rugged in The Town|
5. What doesn’t kill you will at least inspire a nifty quote.
|"Better Things" from The Love Shop|
6. Did you know you can freeze avocadoes?
|Pureed, frozen avocadoes can last up to a year, reportedly.|
|Vegan Chocolate Pudding|
7. Forget about diamonds. Nail polish is a girl’s best friend. How chic is this?
8. Even hardcore businesspeople can’t deny the universal marketing appeal of a cute puppy and kitten montage. Everybody has one!
9. There are hundreds of recipes for crack! Or “nom-noms” inspired by the addictive quality of crack. Most of them involve cream cheese, bacon, chocolate chips, marshmallows, or all four. Most of them can also probably be traced back (within 6 degrees of separation) to this Butter Maven’s website!
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits|
10. There’s only one man in the world who totally understands and forgives your Pinterest addiction. Hey, Girl…it’s Ryan Gosling. Get to know him.
If you haven’t yet caught the Pinterest bug, are you at least sufficiently intrigued? Here’s an eye-opening article including stats of pinning trends. There are even pin boards of the most pinned pins and most followed pinners! Next time you need an escape hatch, check it out. You’ll find yourself in Pinterest Rehab in no time. 12 million active users can’t be wrong!
Monday, May 7, 2012
I'm no adrenaline junkie, as you can tell by my previous post. But I do enjoy a mind-stumping culinary challenge like Food Network's Chopped or Sweet Genius more often than not.
Which is why you can find me poking around the local international farmer's market as giddy as a girl on a field trip. What a wonderland! The sheer variety of choy alone boggles the mind!
(I like to snap stealthy photos of packages of frozen bull's testicles, frozen sheep's heads and whole frozen goats in muslin bags, then send them to my friend from my Blackberry.)
Today I brought home a dragon fruit, aptly named, as you can see. I just wanted to share in case you've ever been curious. This tastes nothing like the dragon fruit flavored Vitamin Water, which tastes to me like watered-down Kool-Aid. This had the grainy texture of watermelon and a sweet-tart flavor faintly reminiscent of pomegranate, but I have to tell you, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.
Maybe mine wasn't sweet enough? I'm funny about textures, and this one was kind of freaking me out, man...! But isn't it pretty? While searching for YouTube videos on how to eat a dragon fruit, I did come across footage on people eating the world's stinkiest fruit--the infamous durian--for the first time, but the way it was described, well...there's no chance I'll be blogging about my adventures with that, so don't go getting any ideas. But I have been eyeballing the kimchi selection...
Thursday, May 3, 2012
It's been a while since I touched my blog. The truth is, I've been elbow deep in vintage doilies, cowhide and antique keys, but I thought it wise to come up for air and let you know what I've been up to. I hope you like these!
To PRE-ORDER a boho bag, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details and available leathers. The price range is $220 - $300 + shipping. All bags are hand made to order and one-of-a-kind, so no two are exactly alike. Due to demand, as of today, current turn-around time is 6-8 weeks.
|"Charlotte's Web" Medium Boho Messenger|
|"Sisters" Medium Boho Messengers|
|Large Deluxe Boho with All-Leather Strap Option|
|XL Deluxe Steamship Style Messenger|
Antique Key Necklaces
These necklaces are made from some very unusual keys I've been collecting over the past several months. They were just waiting patiently to be strung and photographed and listed...for your viewing pleasure!
|Antique Skeleton Key Necklaces for sale now. Hurry before they go!|
|Boho Vintage Folding Key Necklace with Filigree Bead Chain|
|How Do I Look?|
I bought this Victorian cotton and crochet lace butterfly camisole from Adanta3 Vintage. It's the perfect backdrop for my necklaces. Just as I thought!