Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Rainy Day In Georgia

It was a beautiful autumn day today; a little bit wet, and all kinds of colorful!  Mr. T. was looking really cute, but he just wasn't feeling it.

He gave me a double dose of "Westie-tude"!


It was the perfect opportunity to try out my new "Tellies"
(Target + Wellies = Tellies).  Only $30.00 for these happy feet!

Someone in the neighborhood has a smokin' Vespa! It always looks so chic, even plastered in leaves.




The ornamental cabbages were looking mighty divine.


As were the poppies making their last stand.


I love this winding trail.  I usually bring along my iPod, but today I brought my camera and enjoyed the sounds of nature.  The birds were especially vocal this morning, so there was music anyway.



And the air smelled amazing-- fresh, crisp, woodsy.  Nothing beats the perfume of crushed leaves, woody bark, acorns and rich, moist soil.


Squirrel!!! 

Lazy leaves, just lounging about.

The creek was in a hurry this morning. 



A gazebo in all its splendor.  Recently a huge tree fell dangerously close to it.  I'm so glad the structure survived!

A gift of roses in November; freshly showered and smelling sweet.

Standing proud amidst the dormant lavender.


Bright orange berries close to home.  Fall is such a colorful season! 

And if you look closely, day or night, you can always find
a star to wish upon!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sewlutions! I got a little carried away with the camera, but oh, well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so poetic and romantic. How could such a cute puppy NOT have attitude?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the virtual walk! Your photos are gorgeous and I love your dog's attire : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos - thanks for sharing your walk! Your Westie is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos! Your little furbaby is such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Fleur de Lis Quilts! That cute puppy has attitude to spare, but that's my buddy; wouldn't trade him for the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SibStudio, thanks! It was nice you came along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AsteropeBC, thank you! Best Westie regards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. memoriesforlifescrapbooks, thank you from us both! I'm glad you stopped by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. See... this is one of the many reasons why I Love this Land of Blog! By you connecting to my site I have now discovered your Beautiful Blog, your beyond AMAZING Creations! {Leather, Vintage Keys, Handbags... WOW, does it get any better than this I wonder?!? Winks} Along with Beautiful Photography and mutual Loves {like Old Keys, Vespas, Styling, Creating...}... I'm so glad to have stopped by and become a Follower/Supporter of your Lovely Space in the Land Of Blog!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Bohemian Dawn! ;) It's so nice to have you visit and follow. I love your blog and that killer soundtrack; it's the only blog I've ever been to where I actually listened to all the music! LOL. It's a beautiful spot. Thanks so much for your kind words. -Dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These pictures are gorgeous! Looks like Tigger enjoyed that walk! Fall looks beautiful down there! Love, love, love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Wahkuna! Fall really is beautiful down here--it's warm and bees are still everywhere. Although the leaves are quickly falling and the trees are getting more and more bare, I guess I'll enjoy it while I've got it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...